15 Tips that come handy in Kitchen
Working in kitchen can really be fun if you know some basic keys. Here are some special tips to make your work interesting and comfortable.
1. To remove the skin of almonds easily, soak them in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
2. Putting 3-4 cloves in sugar container will keep the ants at bay.
3. If you keep a piece of blotting paper at the bottom of the container, it will keep biscuits fresh for a longer time.
4. Avoid the use of butter. It it is essential to use, use a butter containing low saturated fat or with plant stanols (which avoid absorption of cholesterol by our body) or similar substitutes.
5. Apply some lemon juice on the cut surface of the apple to avoid browning. They will look fresh for a longer time.
6. Apply mashed banana over a burn on your body for cooling effect.
7. Apply a mixture of 1 pinch of chewing tobacco and 1 drop of water. Mix and apply directly and immediately to the sting; cover with bandaid to hold in place. Pain will go away in just a few short minutes.
8. Slit karelas at the middle and apply a mixture of salt, wheat flour and curd all round. Keep aside for ½ hour and then cook.
9. To keep celery fresh for a long time, wrap it in aluminium foil and place in the refrigerator.
10. Place some chopped onion in the vessel having burnt food, pour boiling water in it, keep 5 minutes and then clean.
11. Keeping a small piece of hing (asafoetida) in the same container will store chili powder for long time.
12. Use a wooden board to chop. It will not blunt the knife. Don`t use a plastic board, small plastic pieces may go with the vegetables.
13. You can use dried coriander and mint leaves in coarse powder form in vegetable curry or chutney, if fresh ones are not available. To keep them fresh for longer time, wrap them in a muslin cloth and keep in a fridge. 14. Put some boric powder in kitchen in corners and other places. Cockroaches will leave your house.
15. Immerse coconut in water for ½ an hour to remove its hust.