Vasant Panchmi: Mohan Thaal
Yellow is the colour of Vasant Panchmi and yellow is the colour of spring that the festival heralds. Mohan Tahal, the sweet cooked with yellow daal in pure ghee is offered to Shri Radhavallabh on this auspicious festival.
2cups Besan[Gram flour]
1/2 cup Sugar
1 cup Water
1 cup Ghee
1/2 cup Chopped almonds and pistachios
1tsp Powdered cardamom
Heat a frying pan and add ghee to it.
Now add khoya and gram flour.
Add dry fruits to the mixture and stir till the mixture turns reddish brown.
For sugar syrup:
Heat another saucepan, add water and sugar.
Stir it and bring it to a syrupy consistency.
Now Grease a plate and keep it aside.
Add the reddish brown mixture to the sugar syrup and stir it till the consistency becomes thick like a paste.
Pour the mixture on the grease plate and sprinkle the powdered cardamom.
Leave the ‘mohan thaal’ to set.
Then cut the ‘mohan thaal’ diagonally crosswise, hence the pieces obtained will be diamond shaped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Shraddha Kapoor’s look on the cover of Filmfare is captivating
- This classic photo of Genelia and Riteish Deshmukh will give you intense relationship goals
- Dwayne Johnson to star in 'Doc Savage'
- Alia Bhatt reacts to Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video – Details inside
- Tiger Shroff to star in Subhash Ghai's next?