Vegetarian Pot Pie
This vegetarian pot pie version is quick, flexible and delicious, so give it a try.
1 T butter
6 c assorted vegetables, thinly sliced or diced. Some ideas:
- bell peppers
- green beans
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ c flour
3 c warm veggie stock and/or milk
½ t thyme
2 T fresh parsley, minced
1 t salt or soy sauce
1 recipe pie crust or vegan pie crust dough
Melt the butter in the saucepan, add the vegetables and sauté over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue sautéing for another 5 minutes.
Sprinkle flour on top and continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Gradually add the warm liquid, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
Add thyme and parsley and continue cooking until all of the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper, then transfer vegetables to the baking casserole.
Preheat oven to 400.
Make the pie crust dough, then roll it into a circle slightly larger than the casserole. Lay on top of the vegetables, without sealing the edges.
Place in oven and bake until filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown, 20-30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan to debut as tiger ambassador on Tuesday
- Jenner-Kardashian women grace Cosmopolitan's cover
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' will be super duper hit: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- See in pics: Varun Dhawan's 'Dilwale' diaries!