Vrat: Singhare Ki Burfi
Enjoy the delicious Burfi during your fasts.
1/2 cup singhare ka atta
1/2 cup khoya
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp green cardamom (chotti elaichi) powder
4 tbsp ghee
1/2 cup water
Haet ghee in a pan. Stir fry atta in it, till it becomes brown and aromatic.
Transfer it to another pan.
Fry the khoya in this pan till it becomes of uniform consistency.Mix the atta and the cardamom powder.
Set aside to cool.
Dissolve sugar into water over low flame.
Increase the flame and bring to a boil, letting the syrup cook till thick.
Remove pan from the flame.
Mix immediately into the cooled mixture.
Stir continuously, to mix well.
Transfer onto the greased plate.
Level it and allow cooling.
When cool and set, cut into pieces,using a sharp greased knife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top models who grabbed the headlines in 2015
- Five wacky beauty trends that went viral in 2015
- The 'Angelina effect' has doubled preventative mastectomy numbers in the UK
- Bigg Boss 9: Keith Sequeira back in house, Varun-Kriti set ‘BB’ stage on fire!
- Sridevi's chapter in my book is a love letter: Ram Gopal Varma