Winter Special: Kachori
Spice up your winter mornings with piping hot kachoris. Ingredients:
• 1 Cup flour
• 1/2 Cup yellow moong dal (soaked)
• 1/4 Cup gram flour
• 1/4 tsp Fennel seeds powder
• 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds powder seeds powder
• 1/4 tsp Garam masala
• 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
• 1/ 4 tsp Baking powder
• Oil for frying
• Salt to taste Procedure:
• Mix flour, salt and baking powder and make smooth dough.
• Grind the soaked yellow moong dal.
• Heat oil and fry grinded dal lightly in it.
• Mix all seeds powder, gram masala and red chilli powder.
• Cook it till it turns dry.
• Add gram flour and stir it for while.
• Stuffing mixture for kachori is ready.
• Roll out small balls of equal size out of the dough.
• Stuff the mixture in it and seal the edges.
• Heat the oil and fry the balls till it turns brown.
• Serve it with green chutney.
First Published: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 12:40