X-mas special: Rosemary Roasted Turkey
Whole turkey about 5450 grams
Olive oil 3/4 cup
Minced garlic 3 tablespoons
Chopped rosemary 2 tablespoons
Chopped basil 1 tablespoon
Italian seasoning 1 tablespoon
Ground black pepper 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Combine olive oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt and set aside.
2. Wash turkey, pat dry and remove any large fat deposits. Loosen the skin from the breast. This is done by slowly working your fingers between the breast and the skin. Work it loose to the end of the drumstick being careful not to tear the skin.
3. Using your hand, spread a generous amount of the rosemary mixture under the breast skin and down the thigh and leg. Rub the remainder of the rosemary mixture over the outside of the breast. Use toothpicks to seal skin over any exposed breast meat.
4. Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan. Add about 1/4 inch of water to the bottom of the pan. Roast according to the number of pounds your turkey weighs. This is usually 20 minutes per pound in a 325 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven. A meat thermometer inserted in the thigh should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C) and the juices should run clear when pierced with a fork.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JK Rowling feels reputation restored post Daily Mail apology
- 'Piku' still shining bright at the Box Office
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' doing phenomenal business at Box Office!
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' cast lands in Kolkata for film promotions
- `Boxer fetished` Justin Bieber won't repeat underwears
- British actor Terry Sue-Patt found dead
- Allu Arjun inspires brother to sport six-pack abs
- Meryl Streep, Hugh Grant starrer `Florence Foster Jenkins` first look released
- Selena Gomez eyeing reality show with Kris Jenner
- Iconic `Mean Girls` mansion up for grabs at USD 15M
- I'm apprehensive of reaction: Big B
- Mother's day special Recipe: Crepes Du Fromage
- Christmas Special Recipe: Honey glazed chicken ham
- Christmas special recipe: Cappuccino Cheese Cake
- Christmas Special recipe - Chicken and leek pie
- Christmas special recipe: Chicken Scallopini
- Christmas special recipe: Stollen bread
- Recipe: Ginger Bread Hut
- Christmas special recipe: Eggnog
- Christmas special recipe: Plum Cake
- Christmas special recipe: Baked Spinach with cheese
- Recipe: Eggless Fruit Cake
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered