`12 Years a Slave` cuts to the base of our humanity: Brad Pitt
Washington: Brad Pitt has revealed that his latest film `12 Years of Slave` is very important to him and that he would allow his son Maddox to watch the R-rated film.
During an interview with Ann Curry for TODAY, the 49-year old American actor and film producer confessed that the reason the British-American historical drama film, based on the 1853 autobiography `Twelve Years a Slave` by Solomon Northup, is special to him is because it "cuts to the base of our humanity", Us Magazine reported.
The film narrates the true story of Northup, a free black man from upstate New York who is abducted and sold into slavery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks