`12 Years a Slave` cuts to the base of our humanity: Brad Pitt
Washington: Brad Pitt has revealed that his latest film `12 Years of Slave` is very important to him and that he would allow his son Maddox to watch the R-rated film.
During an interview with Ann Curry for TODAY, the 49-year old American actor and film producer confessed that the reason the British-American historical drama film, based on the 1853 autobiography `Twelve Years a Slave` by Solomon Northup, is special to him is because it "cuts to the base of our humanity", Us Magazine reported.
The film narrates the true story of Northup, a free black man from upstate New York who is abducted and sold into slavery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch how you can keep your bookshelves neat and clean!
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!
- Bipasha Basu tells you how to combat bad hair day! Pic inside
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- Katrina Kaif JOKES about her actual thought behind 'Kala Chashma'—READ inside!