`CityLights` to release on May 1
Hansal Mehta directed `CityLights`, which is the official remake of award-winning British-Filipino film `Metro Manila`, is slated to release on May 1.
The Fox Star Studios and Vishesh Films` produced movie stars Rajkumar Rao, who last worked with Mehta on critically acclaimed biopic `Shahid`.
`CityLights` is based on the life of a farmer in Rajasthan who comes to the city of Mumbai with his wife and daughter in hope of a better life. The challenges they face, their encounter with a big city and how they rise to meet those challenges nurtured by the power of their love moves the story forward.
Rao is paired opposite actress Patralekha who will be making her debut with this film.
`Metro Manila` received critical acclaim and won awards at `British Independent Film Awards`, `Amazonas Film Festival`, `Sundance Film Festival`,`Hamburg Film Festival` apart from being the British entry for Best Foreign Language Film at the 86th Academy Awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough streak takes leap! Sonakshi Sinha smashes in 'Force 2' poster- Check out
- Herry Tangiri shed 15 kg to play Yuvraj Singh in the biopic 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story'!
- Pakistani film industry may suffer 70% loss if Indo-Pak ties worsen
- 'Tum Bin 2' not a sequel: Anubhav Sinha
- Madhur Bhandarkar's next against backdrop of 1975 emergency!