`Despicable Me 2` rules box office weekend chart for 2nd successive week
Washington: Universal Picture`s animated movie `Despicable Me 2` managed to stay at the top for the second consecutive week after making a collection of 44.8 million dollars this weekend, according to studio estimates on Sunday.
The weekend`s No. 1 movie, featuring Steve Carell as former supervillain Gru, made another 55.5 million dollars overseas, which brought its global earning to 472.4 million dollars.
Sony`s movie `Grown Ups 2,` got Adam Sandler his second-best movie opening of his career with 42.5 million dollars in sales in the U.S. and Canada.
`Pacific Rim` was placed third with 38.3 million dollars in receipts.
Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy`s `The Heat` reached 4th place with 14 million dollars in earnings.
Disney`s `The Lone Ranger, starring Johnny Depp took in 11.1 million dollars to finish a dismal fifth place.
The top box office earners this weekend are:
1. ` Despicable Me 2` - 44.8 million dollars
2. `Grown Ups 2` - 42.5 million dollars
3. `Pacific Rim` - 38.3 million dollars
4. `The Heat` - 14 million dollars
5. `The Lone Ranger` - 11.1 million dollars
6. `Monsters University` - 10.6 million dollars
7. `World War Z` - 9.4 million dollars
8. `White House Down` - 6.2 million dollars
9. `Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain` - 5 million dollars
10. `Man of Steel` - 4.8 million dollars
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui will play THIS in his flick!
- Ajay Devgn announces release date of ‘Baadshaho’
- Akshay Kumar's 'Jolly LLB 2' new still OUT, trailer set for Dec 19 release!
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Baywatch' TEASER is here and you must WATCH it!
- Shah Rukh Khan says stardom has overtaken his acting capabilities