`Fast and Furious 6` tops weekend box office
Washington: `Fast and Furious 6` has gotten past `The Hangover Part III` to attain the top position at the weekend box office, according to studio estimates.
Universal Pictures` muscle car franchise`s sixth instalment debuted with 98.5 million dollars domestically, Fox News reported.
Universal estimates that by the end of the four-day holiday weekend on Monday, `Fast and Furious 6` will take its earnings to about 122.2 million dollars domestically and about 275.5 million dollars worldwide.
Second placed, Zach Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms starrer comedy film `The Hangover Part III` opened with 42.1 million dollars.
` Star Trek: Into Darkness ` earned 38 million dollars to attain the third place in its second weekend at the box office.
The fourth place in ticket receipts was taken up by Fox animated film `Epic,` which opened with 34.2 million dollars.
The top 10 films at the box office are:
Fast and Furious 6 - 98.5 million dollars
The Hangover Part III - 42.4 million dollars
Star Trek Into Darkness - 38 million dollars
Epic - 34.2 million dollars
Iron Man 3 - 19.4 million dollars
The Great Gatsby - 13.7 million dollars
Mud - 2 million dollars
42 - 1.2 million dollars
The Croods - 1.2 million dollars
Oblivion - 815,000 dollars
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!