`Frozen` joins exclusive USD 1 billion box-office club
Los Angeles: Disney`s Oscar-winning animated film `Frozen` has crossed USD 1 billion mark at the worldwide box office, according to the studio estimates.
The 3D musical has apparently earned USD 388.7 million in the United States and Canada, while the movie`s overseas sales have reached USD 611.5 million.
`Frozen` has become the second-highest-grossing animated movie ever, after `Toy Story 3`.
The movie still has to open in Japan, where it will release on March 14.
Directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, the Disney musical bagged two Oscars at the 86th Academy Award in the categories of the best animated feature film and the best original song.
The movie featured the voices of Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff, Josh Gad, and Santino Fontana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pulkit Samrat to be seen in Ajay Devgn starrer 'Baadshaho'
- Watch: Ferocious international fighters against Akshay, Sidharth
- Julie Andrews to direct 'My Fair Lady' production at Sydney
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif to wear prosthetics for their next film
- Blake Lively, Kristen Stewart join Woody Allen's film