`Gravity` almost starred Angelina Jolie and Robert Downey Jr
Los Angeles: Alfonso Cuaron has revealed that he had initially approached Angelina Jolie and Robert Downey Jr as leading actors for his space drama `Gravity`.
The 52-year-old filmmaker, whose film has been nominated in 10 categories at the Oscars, said both the actors had some problem with the film at its initial stage, reported a leading daily.
"Jolie dropped out of the project due to scheduling conflicts with her directorial debut `In The Land of Blood and Honey`, while Downey Jr exited because the film`s technology didn`t leave him room to improvise," Cuaron said.
Production on `Gravity` had not started by the time Jolie and Downey Jr changed their minds, leaving Cuaron time to send offers to George Clooney and Sandra Bullock.
"It became very clear that, as we started to nail the technology, or narrow the technology, that was going to be a big obstacle for (Downey Jr `s) performance,"
"I think Robert is fantastic if you give him the freedom to completely breathe and improvise and change stuff.
But we tried one of these technologies and it was not compatible. And, after that, we had a week that we pretended as if nothing was happening and then we talked and said, `This is not going to work. This is tough.`"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?