`Identity Thief` tops box office again
New York: Identity Thief has reclaimed the top spot in its third week of release, after Hollywood`s latest films performed tepidly at the box-office.
According to the studio estimates on Sunday, the Universal Pictures comedy earned 14.1 million dollars on the weekend, which was enough for it to regain the box-office title after losing it last week to 20th Century Fox`s `A Good Day to Die Hard.`
Though the film has been badly reviewed by critics, the road trip duo of Melissa McCarthy and Jason Bateman has proved popular at the multiplexes, with its earning totalling 93.7 million dollars, the movie is the biggest hit so far in 2013, the New York Post reported.
One of the two new films in wide release, Lionsgate`s Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson`s action film, `Snitch,` opened with 13 million dollars.
Though Bruce Willis` action flick led the box office last week, it slid 60 percent in its second week to 10 million dollars.
The other new wide release was the Weinstein Co.`s `Dark Skies,` a PG-13 horror film starring Keri Russell, which debuted with 8.9 million dollars.
The top 10 movie`s faring at the box office are:
1. ` Identity Thief` - 14 million dollars
2. `Snitch` -13 million- dollars
3. `Escape From Planet Earth` - 11 million dollars
4. `Safe Haven` - 10.6 million dollars
5. ` A Good Day to Die Hard` - 10 million dollars
6. `Dark Skies` - 8.9 million dollars
7. `Silver Linings Playbook` - 6.1 million dollars
8. `Warm Bodies` - 4.8 million dollars
9. `Side Effects` - 3.6 million dollars
10. `Beautiful Creatures` - 3.4 million dollars