`Jack Reacher` premiere postponed following school shooting
Los Angeles: Paramount Pictures has postponed the premiere of Tom Cruise`s thriller ‘Jack Reacher’ out of respect for the families of the victims of Newtown elementary school shooting.
The movie had been scheduled to premiere today in Pittsburgh but the production house says "out of honour and respect of families" they won`t screen the movie, said The Hollywood Reporter.
"Due to the terrible tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, and out of honor and respect for the families of the victims whose lives were senselessly taken, we are postponing tomorrow`s Pittsburgh premiere of Jack Reacher. Our hearts go out to all those who lost loved ones," the production house said.
On Friday morning, gunman Adam Lanza, 20, went on a rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, leaving 26 people dead, including 20 children many of them kindergartners.
In ‘Jack Reacher’, Cruise stars as the mysterious title character, a drifter and former police officer who try to solve a case involving a hired killer and a shady Russian operative known as `The Zec`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mother Sofia Hayat displays her singing talent - Watch video
- Cuteness alert! Insanely adorable pictures of 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' fame Ruhaanika Dhawan
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more
- Here’s why Lord Shiva is also known as Neelkantha
- Preparing for your dream job? Opt for an in-person interview