`Life Of Pi` earns Rs.19.5 crore over weekend
New Delhi: Oscar-winning filmmaker Ang Lee`s fantasy adventure ‘Life Of Pi’ is raking in the moolah at the Indian box-office. The film has earned Rs.19.5 crore in the country in its opening weekend.
The movie, which released Friday, in 2D and 3D format, grossed Rs.5 crore on the opening day and went on to earn Rs.19.5 crore over the weekend.
‘Life Of Pi’, based on Yann Martel`s Booker Prize-winning novel of the same name, features debutant Suraj Sharma, Tabu and Irrfan Khan in prominent roles. It narrates the tale of a boy who is adrift at sea in a lifeboat with a Royal Bengal tiger after his family is drowned in a shipwreck.
It opened in the country in four languages - English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
The movie captures the hillside town of Munnar along with the elegance of Puducherry. ‘Life Of Pi’ is said to have received the second highest opening of all time for Fox Star Studios after ‘Avatar’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia my inspiration for doing 'Shaandaar': Shahid
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Alia Bhatt will never make 'first move' in relationships
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Newlyweds Shahid-Mira make fashion debut at Masaba's LFW show