`Life of Pi` transcends boundaries: Distributor
New Delhi: With Ang Lee`s ‘Life of Pi’ winning four golden statuettes at the 85th Academy Awards, its distributor Fox Star Studios has hailed it saying it is a rare work of cinema.
The film bagged four honours at the glitzy gala Sunday night, including the best director award for Lee.
"We are delighted with `Life Of Pi` winning the maximum number of Oscars this year! Ang Lee is one of those rare directors in today`s time, and his vision has transformed the film into those rare works of cinema that transcend boundaries with its universal appeal," Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studios, said in a statement.
"This is a proud moment not only for us and the hugely talented Indian crew that worked on the film, but also for the audiences that have enjoyed the film and supported the team throughout. In addition to the Oscar honours, `Life Of Pi` has now become the No.2 Hollywood film in India after `Avatar`, which is just fantastic!" he added.
It also clinched the trophies for best cinematography, best music - original score, and best visual effects.
An adaptation of Canadian author Yann Martel`s Man Booker Prize-winning eponymous novel, "Life Of Pi" narrates the journey of an Indian boy who survives a storm.
Extensively shot in India, the fantasy adventure drama stars Delhi-based Suraj Sharma in the lead role, with seasoned actors Irrfan and Tabu in the cast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NO 'Baar Baar Dekho' THESE scenes in Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra film! CBFC cuts 'bra shot', 'Savita bhabhi' reference
- Poster alert! Sonakshi Sinha in and as 'Akira' will stun you for sure
- Rajkummar Rao to star with Nargis Fakhri in Hollywood project
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha, with another female lead in 'Dabangg 3'!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!