`Love Actually` crowned most romantic film ever
London: ‘Love Actually’ has beaten off competition from ‘The Notebook’ and ‘Wall-E,’ to be named as the most romantic film ever.
The top 10 list was compiled by movie rental firm Love Film and Mind Lab International, who asked 150 people which film was most likely to put them in a romantic mood, the Daily Mail reported.
‘The Notebook’ came in second place while animated film ‘Wall-E’ was placed third.
In fourth place came ‘Notting Hill,’ while in fifth place was ‘Dirty Dancing,’ followed by ‘Ghost,’ ‘Pretty Woman’ and ‘Titanic.’
In at number nine was sporting drama ‘Jerry Maguire,’ and despite being widely regarded as one of the most romantic films ever made, ‘Casablanca’ made it to only tenth place.
The top ten romantic films are:
1. Love Actually - 21 percent
2. The Notebook - 18 percent
3. Wall-E - 13 percent
4. Notting Hill - 9 percent
5. Dirty Dancing - 8 percent
6. Ghost - 5 percent
7. Pretty Woman - 4 percent
8. Titanic - 3 percent
9. Jerry Maguire - 2 percent
10. Casablanca - 1 percent
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- B-town lauds Sonam Kapoor starrer 'Neerja'!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Hannibal Buress joins 'Baywatch' movie cast!