`Pretty Woman` headed for a Broadway musical
Julia Roberts-Richard Gere starrer 1990 romantic comedy `Pretty Woman` is may get a stage adaptation on Broadway.
The Garry Marshall directed-film saw Gere in the role of a cold businessman who falls in love with a prostitute played by Roberts.
Marshall is in New York this week to meet with composers, lyricists and directors for an adaptation with producer Paula Wagner, who has been involved with various Broadway productions including `The Heiress` starring Jessica Chastain,reportedly.
JF Lawton, who wrote the screenplay for `Pretty Woman`, is co-writing the stage adaptation with Marshall.
Marshall has previously forayed into theatre with the musical version of his sitcom `Happy Days` and `The Roast`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers
- 'Hard-working' John Abraham prefers working on holidays
- Oprah Winfrey, Eddie Murphy to star in Richard Pryor biopic