`RED` sequel on the drawing board
Los Angeles: A sequel to "RED" is on.
Producer Summit Entertainment has hired brothers Erich and Jon Hoeber, who wrote the script for the hit action movie, to return to the keyboard for a second installment.
A sequel is not greenlit at this stage, nor are there any deals with actors Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren and John Malkovich or director Robert Schwentke.
But Summit`s pulling the trigger for a second helping of over-the-hill special ops agents shoot-`em-up, first revealed by Collider, was inevitable.
The movie, with a budget in the $60 million range, opened to $21 million in October and crossed the $90 million mark over the weekend.
"RED" is based on a DC/Wildstorm comic by Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner and was one the rare titles that was let out of the Warner Bros. stable. The studio had several chances to make the movie and passed, letting it be shopped around town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor gears up 'Rock On 2', off to Shillong!
- Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford to reunite for 'Indiana Jones 5'?
- Bryan Singer teases 'X-Men: Apocalypse' trailer release
- 'Mad Max' sequel to not feature Charlize Theron's Imperator Furiosa?
- 'Ki and Ka': Arjun Kapoor shares a song-wrap selfie with Kareena Kapoor!