`RED` sequel on the drawing board
Los Angeles: A sequel to "RED" is on.
Producer Summit Entertainment has hired brothers Erich and Jon Hoeber, who wrote the script for the hit action movie, to return to the keyboard for a second installment.
A sequel is not greenlit at this stage, nor are there any deals with actors Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren and John Malkovich or director Robert Schwentke.
But Summit`s pulling the trigger for a second helping of over-the-hill special ops agents shoot-`em-up, first revealed by Collider, was inevitable.
The movie, with a budget in the $60 million range, opened to $21 million in October and crossed the $90 million mark over the weekend.
"RED" is based on a DC/Wildstorm comic by Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner and was one the rare titles that was let out of the Warner Bros. stable. The studio had several chances to make the movie and passed, letting it be shopped around town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Paul Walker was like an older brother to me: Scott Eastwood
- 'Bigg Boss 10' winner Manveer Gurjar is disappointed with Aakanksha Sharmaa! - Watch
- Salman Khan has always stood by me as friend: Raveena Tandon
- Sunil Grover OUT of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'? Here's the TRUTH
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh's 'Phillauri' makes Rs 12 cr ahead of its release! Here's how
- Lara Dutta Bhupathi to play a single mother in her next
- Vidya Balan was destined to do 'Begum Jaan': Srijit Mukherji
- 'Golmaal Again' team meets 'Smurfs: The Lost Village' and you have to see the PICTURE!
- Raveena Tandon's 'Maatr' first look poster OUT!