`Skyfall` breaks 1st week UK box office record
London: The new James Bond movie ‘Skyfall’ has made more money at the box office during its opening week than any other film in the history of UK cinema by taking 37.2 million pounds.
This overtakes ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2’ – which raked in 35.7 million pounds.
During the opening weekend alone, the 23rd Bond movie in the franchise’s 50-year history made 20.1 million pounds at British cinemas, the Daily Express reported.
“We are very grateful to the Bond fans and all UK cinema audiences for making Skyfall the biggest opening week ever during our 50th anniversary year,” Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli said.
Jeff Blake, chairman of Sony Pictures who distribute the film, added: “We couldn’t be more proud of the critical and commercial reaction Skyfall has received. The results are a true testament to the 50 year legacy of James Bond.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now a documentary on music producer Steve Aoki
- Swara Bhaskar to lose weight for 'Veere Di Wedding'
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert