`Star Trek 3` hires three writers
Los Angeles: `Star Trek 3` has hired three writers including Roberto Orci, who penned the first two films, alongwith JD Payne and Patrick McKay.
Orci, who co-wrote the first two JJ Abrams-directed films with writing partner Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof, will return to pen the script for the upcoming sci-fi blockbuster and he will be joined by franchise newcomers Payne and McKay, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
There is currently no timeline for the third film, but Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions are hoping to release it in 2016 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of `Star Trek`.
Stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana are all expected to return.
Abrams gave up the director`s chair earlier this year after he committed to direct `Star Wars: Episode VII` for Disney.
Producers are eyeing `Attack of the Block` director Joe Cornish for the next feature.
The film`s release would follow the huge success of `Star Trek Into Darkness`, which grossed USD 476 million at the box office earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan are not stars but co-stars for Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Know what Amitabh Bachchan is saying about tiger conservation
- Irrfan Khan, Kangana Ranaut to come together for film on Begum Akhtar?
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui bags film starring Amitabh Bachchan
- What does Deepika Padukone have in store for us?