`Star Trek...` to hit Indian screens first
New Delhi: J.J. Abrams`s sci-fi movie ‘Star Trek: Into Darkness’ is set to come out in India a week ahead of its international release. The director says that action and the scale are "light years ahead" in the film.
Viacom 18 Motion Pictures will release the film in India May 10 and its international release is scheduled a week later, on May 17, said a statement.
`Star Trek: Into Darkness` is the 12th `Star Trek` film and serves as the sequel to 2009 release `Star Trek`.
"For the story to move forward, this had to be a more ambitious movie than the first. The action and the scale are light years ahead. Bringing IMAX and 3D technology in will give audiences yet another level of excitement and fun to be had," said Abrams.
The film features Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, Zoe Saldana, John Cho, Anton and Bruce Greenwood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’: How much has the Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt starrer earned so far?
- Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal Again' cast is one BIG happy family!
- Phillauri: Anushka Sharma aka Shashi's 'ghostly presence' in a big fat Punjabi shaadi is spooky yet hilarious!
- Is that Salman Khan doing kickass action in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'?
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH