`Texas Chainsaw 3-D` no. 1 film with $23 million in box office sales
New York: Lionsgate’s horror sequel ‘Texas Chainsaw 3-D’ debuted at No. 1 at the box office with 23 million dollars earnings over the weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday.
The movie picks up where 1974’s ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ left off, with masked killer Leatherface on the loose again.
Quentin Tarantino’s revenge saga ‘Django Unchained’ held on at No. 2 for a second-straight weekend with 20.1 million dollars, the New York Post reported.
The Weinstein Co. release raised its domestic total to 106.4 million dollars.
After three weekends at No. 1, part one of Peter Jackson’s ‘The Hobbit’ trilogy slipped to third with 17.5 million dollars.
Also passing the 100-million-dollar mark over the weekend was Universal’s musical ‘Les Miserables,’ which finished at No. 4 with 16.1 million dollars, pushing its domestic total to 103.6 million dollars.
The top ten movies at the US box office over the weekend were:
1. Texas Chainsaw 3-D, 23 million dollars.
2. Django Unchained, 20.1 million dollars.
3. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, 17.5 million dollars.
4. Les Miserables, 16.1 million dollars.
5. Parental Guidance, 10.1 million dollars.
6. Jack Reacher, 9.3 million dollars.
7. This Is 40, 8.6 million dollars.
8. Lincoln, 5.3 million dollars.
9. The Guilt Trip, 4.5 million dollars.
10. Promised Land, 4.3 million dollars.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Darshan Kumar excited to share screen space with Aishwarya
- I can't talk about 'Half Girlfriend' script: Kriti Sanon
- Hrithik lauds Deepika, Ranbir for 'Tamasha'
- Ranbir-Deepika 'Tamasha' mints Rs 10.87 crore on opening day
- I've nothing to do with Shahrukh Khan-Kajol's chemistry in 'Dilwale': Varun Dhawan