Washington: Lee Daniels` new film `The Butler` topped the U.S. weekend box office with earnings amounting to 25 million dollars.
The historic drama, which talks about civil-rights issues, beat out Jennifer Aniston`s `We`re the Millers` and science-fiction thriller `Elysium,` Fox News reported.
The fourth place was bagged by Universal Pictures` `Kick-Ass 2`, while `Jobs,` a low-budget biopic about Apple Inc. founder Steve Jobs trailed at seventh spot.
Top 10 box office earners:
1. ` The Butler`- 25 million dollars
2. `We`re the Millers` -17.8 million dollars
3. ` Elysium` - 13.6 million dollars
4. `Kick-Ass 2` - 13.57 million dollars
5. `Planes` - 13.1 million dollars
6. `Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters`- 8.4 million dollars
7. ` Jobs ` - 6.7 million dollars
8. `2 Guns`- 5.6 million dollars
9. `The Smurfs 2` - 4.6 million dollars
10. `The Wolverine`- 4.4 million dollars.