`The Butler` takes weekend Box Office crown with $25M earnings
Washington: Lee Daniels` new film `The Butler` topped the U.S. weekend box office with earnings amounting to 25 million dollars.
The historic drama, which talks about civil-rights issues, beat out Jennifer Aniston`s `We`re the Millers` and science-fiction thriller `Elysium,` Fox News reported.
The fourth place was bagged by Universal Pictures` `Kick-Ass 2`, while `Jobs,` a low-budget biopic about Apple Inc. founder Steve Jobs trailed at seventh spot.
Top 10 box office earners:
1. ` The Butler`- 25 million dollars
2. `We`re the Millers` -17.8 million dollars
3. ` Elysium` - 13.6 million dollars
4. `Kick-Ass 2` - 13.57 million dollars
5. `Planes` - 13.1 million dollars
6. `Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters`- 8.4 million dollars
7. ` Jobs ` - 6.7 million dollars
8. `2 Guns`- 5.6 million dollars
9. `The Smurfs 2` - 4.6 million dollars
10. `The Wolverine`- 4.4 million dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!