`The Great Gatsby` to headline Cannes Film Festival
London: Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of ‘The Great Gatsby,’ has been confirmed as the 66th Cannes Film Festival opener.
The 50-year-old director’s new film will be shown on 15 May at the Grand Theatre Lumiere of the Palais des Festivals, the BBC reported.
The film based on F Scott Fitzgerald’s 1925 classic novel, stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Toby Maguire and Carey Mulligan.
Luhrmann said the Cannes Film festival has always been close to his heart.
The film will be screened in 3D, which will only be the second time in the history of the festival a film has been shown in the format after Pixar’s ‘Up’ opened in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look