`The Social Network` role opened doors for me: Justin Timberlake
London: Singer-actor Justin Timberlake credits his role as Sean Parker in `The Social Network` with furthering his acting career.
The `Sexy Back` hitmaker landed several small film roles before appearing in the 2010 movie about Facebook.Com founder Mark Zuckerberg, but he feels David Fincher`s drama properly launched him as an actor, reported Contactmusic.
"I`ll tell you what sort of changed things for me was literally when director David Fincher hired me. It did open up a huge door for me. And the opportunities started to happen," he said.
One opportunity Timberlake could not pass up was the lead role in Joel and Ethan Coen`s upcoming music movie ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’.
"Before we started working on that movie, I randomly ran into Matt Damon and he said something that stuck with me. He said, `You know the Coen brothers, that`s... A call that any actor, it doesn`t matter what age, you just hope that one day you get a shot at that.` I was kind of blown away at that.
"If I would`ve got a call from Joel and Ethan Coen saying, `Hey, we`d like you to write music and work on some music in our film,` I would`ve peed in my pants."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!