`The Wolf of Wall Street` release may get delayed
Los Angeles: Martin Scorsese`s `Wolf of Wall Street`, featuring Leonardo DiCaprio in his fifth collaboration with the director, may not be ready for its scheduled November 15 release.
Scorsese`s cut of the film is 180 minutes long and the director is reportedly in discussions with his producers about how to shorten the running time.
Paramount and Scorsese are hoping that the movie, based on former broker Jordan Belfort`s best-selling memoir, will be completed by Christmas in time for an awards run. Otherwise, they will have to push it to next year, said the Hollywood Reporter.
If the film is finished in time for a holiday release, Paramount apparently is ready to shift the opening of Kenneth Branagh`s `Jack Ryan` from Christmas Day to January 17 and give Scorsese`s film the Christmas Day slot, THR said quoting sources.
The film`s story revolves around Belfort`s dramatic rise and fall on Wall Street and his hard-partying lifestyle.
Scorsese and DiCaprio have previously worked together on `Gangs of New York`, `The Aviator`, `The Departed` and `Shutter Island`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Watch how to apply your foundation flawlessly! Video inside
- Katrina Kaif opens up about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor! Deets inside
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'