`X-Men: Apocalypse` will be set in 1983
Los Angeles: `X-Men: Apocalypse`, the next film in the mutant franchise, will be set in 1983.
The film`s screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg reportedly said "the next movie takes place in 1983" or 10 years after "X-Men: Days of Future Past".
Kinberg has already confirmed that the upcoming film would be more of `First Class` sequel and would involve some of the original cast.
`Apocalypse` would "present a new leader (other than Magneto and Professor X), the darkest leader in the movie franchise," he said.
Set for a May 27, 2016 release in the US, the film will bring back Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and Evan Peters as Quicksilver.
The new villain is said to be "very different" from the previous villains.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sushant Singh, Kriti Sanon pair up for Dinesh Vijan's debut
- Check out: Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's stunning look in 'Bajirao Mastani' new poster!
- Happy I got to abuse in 'Tamasha': Deepika Padukone
- Was intimidated by Akshay in 'Airlift': Nimrat Kaur
- Angelina Jolie's sons working on her new movie