Actor Russell Crowe turns director with crime drama `77`
New York: Oscar-winning actor Russell Crowe is planning to debut as a director with the crime drama `77`.
The 47-year-old actor wanted to helm a project for years and has finally decided to direct and star in a police movie, reported a website.
The story deals with the unsolved murder of an LAPD officer and the nationally televised shootout in South Central LA between the Symbionese Liberation Army and the LAPD, where 50,000 rounds of gunfire were exchanged.
The events will be seen through the eyes of two police partners, one black and one white.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan at very premature stage: Kangana Ranaut
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah