America Ferrera was in India to shoot documentary
London: Actress America Ferrera, known for her lead role in `Ugly Betty`, visited India to shoot a telivision documentary `Half the Sky` about prostitution.
The upcoming US television documentary "Half the Sky" is based on Nicholas D. Kristof`s book of the same name, reports dailystar.co.uk.
The 27-year-old actress also visited a local school in Kolkata and met with officials at the New Light charity, which works to provide education and protection for women and children at high risk.
"America (met) with a terrific 10-year-old girl who has studied English with the help of New Light and wants to be a doctor. Most of the girls in the area get little or no education and follow their mothers into prostitution. America was terrific to work with on the (TV network) PBS version of `Half the Sky`," said Kristof, who accompanied Ferrera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CONFIRMED! Sunny Leone bags film opposite Arbaaz Khan, feels 'fortunate'
- Oh Bond! Daniel Craig to work with THIS Bollywood director?
- Shocking! Here's the 'strange' connection between Salman Khan’s 'Sultan' and Aamir Khan’s 'Dangal'!
- Leaked? Anushka Sharma's FIRST LOOK from 'Phillauri'!
- 'Dishoom' POSTER OUT! Jacqueline rides with Varun Dhawan, John Abraham