Amy and Philips reunite in Scientology film
New York: After their Oscar nominated effort `Doubt`, Amy Adams and Philip Seymour Hoffman are uniting for another film which probes religion. This time it is a movie on the controversial faith of Scientology.
The duo has signed on to Paul Thomas Anderson`s untitled film project which is an unofficial bio-pic of Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard, reported New York Post online.
Adams will play the wife of Hoffman`s character, a Navy veteran who begins a religion in the 1950`s, just like Hubbard.
Academy award winning actor Joaquin Phoenix will play Freddie, Hoffman`s protege who begins to question the religion and his mentor as the movement grows.
In 2008`s `Doubt`, Hoffman played a Catholic priest who is forced to quit his clerical position because of questions about his sexuality.
The film`s main cast, Meryl Streep, Adams and Hoffman had all won Oscar nominations for their performances.
Adams will film the movie before she starts up work on `Man of Steel`, the Superman reboot in which she`ll play Lois Lane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After 'Premam', Kamal's 'Papanasam' in piracy row
- Better roles being written for actresses: Richa Chadha
- ‘Hollywood’s Favorite Bollywood Choreographer’ Nakul Dev Mahajan to judge DID North America 2015
- From Bittu to Bajirao- Ranveer Singh’s filmi journey
- Police to lodge FIR against star cast of 'Mohalla Assi'