Amy and Philips reunite in Scientology film
New York: After their Oscar nominated effort `Doubt`, Amy Adams and Philip Seymour Hoffman are uniting for another film which probes religion. This time it is a movie on the controversial faith of Scientology.
The duo has signed on to Paul Thomas Anderson`s untitled film project which is an unofficial bio-pic of Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard, reported New York Post online.
Adams will play the wife of Hoffman`s character, a Navy veteran who begins a religion in the 1950`s, just like Hubbard.
Academy award winning actor Joaquin Phoenix will play Freddie, Hoffman`s protege who begins to question the religion and his mentor as the movement grows.
In 2008`s `Doubt`, Hoffman played a Catholic priest who is forced to quit his clerical position because of questions about his sexuality.
The film`s main cast, Meryl Streep, Adams and Hoffman had all won Oscar nominations for their performances.
Adams will film the movie before she starts up work on `Man of Steel`, the Superman reboot in which she`ll play Lois Lane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show