Annapurna Pictures to financially back Leonardo DiCaprio`s `The Revenant`
Washington: Megan Ellison`s Annapurna Pictures is negotiating to come aboard as financial backer for Leonardo DiCaprio`s ` The Revenant ` after its original backer, Worldview, pulled back on film financing.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the film, to be directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, co-starring Tom Hardy and Will Poulter, and is a harrowing survival story set in the early 19th century, based on the experiences of fur trapper Hugh Glass.
According to a source, New Regency said to have approached Fox unsuccessfully for financial backing and the company would have been on the hook for a big chunk of the budget if the movie fell apart because Hardy`s deal was pay-or-play and DiCaprio`s deal was all but pay-or-play.
Sources revealed that Inarritu, whose `Birdman` will open the Venice Film Festival in September, has been at odds with producers over the budget of the new film, which was aiming to begin shooting in September.
A source said that Inarritu had been threatening to walk off, but he will get his way, and everything will be fine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!