Another adaptation of `Les Miserables` in work at Fox
Los Angeles: `Veronica Mars` creator Rob Thomas is adapting Victor Hugo`s famous novel `Les Miserables` for an hour-long drama project at Fox.
The drama project is a contemporary take on Hugo`s novel. It would revolve around a brilliant lawyer running a legal exoneration program who fights to evade the consequences of his own unjust conviction many years before.
He must navigate high society, continue his mission of saving innocent people, and manage his tumultuous family and romantic life ? all while staying one step ahead of a ruthless US Attorney who refuses to let the ghosts of the past die, reported the Wrap.
Graham Norris is writing the project and serving as supervising producer.
The story was also adapted by Tom Hooper for his hit musical last year which went on to win a best supporting actor Oscar for its star Anne Hathaway for playing Fantine.
Hugo`s historical novel was first published in 1862 and follows ex-convict Jean Valjean, who becomes a force for good in the world but cannot escape his criminal past. Valjean`s role was played by Hugh Jackman in Hooper`s film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic