Aussies dominate Hollywood: Hugh Jackman
London: Actor Hugh Jackman says Australians dominate Hollywood.
The 44-year-old actor, who was born in Sydney, thinks the charming Australian accent is much sought after in the filmmaking capital.
"We dominate! We`re the majority now! It`s always good to be an Aussie wherever you are... It`s because Hollywood accepts us. Aussies over there they just love them, they love the accent, they want to know everything about you, they really dig the Aussies," he said.
Jackman launched his acting career `Down Under` and after completing a one-year drama course in his home town he moved to Perth, Western Australia, where he honed his talent at Edith Cowan University, before graduating in 1994.
The Hollywood hunk who is keen to stay close to his roots, is extremely proud of the training he received and credits the country for the level of skill their actors have.
"It`s a good time to be an Aussie, I`m real proud of all the Aussies and real credit to how in Australia we train actors really well, and in general how Aussies will have a go and aren`t afraid to pack up and have a crack."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- B-town lauds Sonam Kapoor starrer 'Neerja'!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Hannibal Buress joins 'Baywatch' movie cast!