Ben Affleck, Matt Damon to produce `Race to the South Pole`
Los Angeles: Actors Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are producing `Race to the South Pole`.
The real life friends are producing the 1900s set drama via their Warners-based banner Pearl Street.
Peter Glanz has written the script with Casey Affleck attached to star, said The Hollywood Reporter.
The film depicts the true story of two explorers in the early 1900s and their pursuit to be the first person to reach the South Pole -- the last uncharted territory on the planet.
Englishman Robert Falcon Scott and Norwegian Roald Amundsen were explorers from antithetical countries: one from the era`s most powerful empire, the other from a country that had just achieved independence.
Their race, seen as heroic during a golden age of exploration, sparked international interest and galvanized the world to see who would reach Earth`s southernmost point first.
Affleck is gearing up for the release of his latest directorial work `Argo` which is already creating Oscar buzz while Damon recently wrapped `Promised Land`, a Gus Van Sant-directed drama that he co-wrote, stars and produces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop