Ben Affleck to star and direct Africa-set action thriller
Los Angeles: Actor-director Ben Affleck, whose thriller `Argo` won the Best Picture Oscar this year, is all set to act and direct in an untitled action-thriller, set in Africa.
Affleck, who is also set to play Batman in Superman reboot sequel, is reteaming with Warner Bros for the film.
The 41-year-old actor and filmmaker will both star in and direct the project, based on a script by Will Staples, reported Ace Showbiz.
Affleck`s friend and collaborator Matt Damon is producing the film with Jennifer Todd under Pearl Street Films.
The film is "an examination of the moral ambiguities of how philanthropy and foreign assistance veers into modern day neocolonialism" as it follows a group of hired mercenaries set to kill a warlord who has been victimising his own people.
The subject is said to be close to Affleck who has also signed on another project `Live by Night`, a period crime drama adapted from the best-selling novel by Dennis LeHane.
LeHane wrote Affleck`s `Gone Baby Gone`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan’s top 10 films over the years
- See: Sridevi’s daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky; 3 month old pic goes viral
- Pakistan expresses its ‘Jazbaa’ for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan are not stars but co-stars for Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Know what Amitabh Bachchan is saying about tiger conservation