Ben Kingsley to star in period drama
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning actor Ben Kingsley has been tapped for a starring role in `Tut`. The 70-year-old actor will play Ay, the Grand Vizier to King Tutankhamun, who wields tremendous power and influence as the top advisor to the young Egyptian ruler, reportedly.
"Tut is the biggest and most ambitious project in Spike`s history. Who better to lead the cast than one of the greatest actors of our generation ? Ben Kingsley," said Sharon Levy, Executive Vice President, Original Series, Spike TV.
"The character he plays, Ay, is the true power behind the Tutankhamun throne. We are so fortunate to have an actor of Ben Kingsley`s stature bring this character to life for Spike," Levy added.
Kingsley won an Oscar, two Golden Globes and two BAFTA Awards for his portrayal of Indian social leader Mahatma in `Gandhi`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Check out this brand new still from the sets of 'Sultan'! See pic
- Fixing copyright violation on 'Cabaret': Pooja Bhatt
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' journey is no less than a milestone! Watch here