Ben Kingsley to star in period drama
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning actor Ben Kingsley has been tapped for a starring role in `Tut`. The 70-year-old actor will play Ay, the Grand Vizier to King Tutankhamun, who wields tremendous power and influence as the top advisor to the young Egyptian ruler, reportedly.
"Tut is the biggest and most ambitious project in Spike`s history. Who better to lead the cast than one of the greatest actors of our generation ? Ben Kingsley," said Sharon Levy, Executive Vice President, Original Series, Spike TV.
"The character he plays, Ay, is the true power behind the Tutankhamun throne. We are so fortunate to have an actor of Ben Kingsley`s stature bring this character to life for Spike," Levy added.
Kingsley won an Oscar, two Golden Globes and two BAFTA Awards for his portrayal of Indian social leader Mahatma in `Gandhi`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' has been a joyride: Nitya Mehra
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan at very premature stage: Kangana Ranaut
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming