Ben Kingsley to star in period drama
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning actor Ben Kingsley has been tapped for a starring role in `Tut`. The 70-year-old actor will play Ay, the Grand Vizier to King Tutankhamun, who wields tremendous power and influence as the top advisor to the young Egyptian ruler, reportedly.
"Tut is the biggest and most ambitious project in Spike`s history. Who better to lead the cast than one of the greatest actors of our generation ? Ben Kingsley," said Sharon Levy, Executive Vice President, Original Series, Spike TV.
"The character he plays, Ay, is the true power behind the Tutankhamun throne. We are so fortunate to have an actor of Ben Kingsley`s stature bring this character to life for Spike," Levy added.
Kingsley won an Oscar, two Golden Globes and two BAFTA Awards for his portrayal of Indian social leader Mahatma in `Gandhi`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu's latest fashion summer hack will give you style goals – See pic
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan parties hard at graduation bash! – Pics inside
- Men are from Mars and women from Venus, indeed – Here’s a proof
- Sooraj Pancholi flaunts toned abs, credits 'Rocky Balboa' Sylvester Stallone as his biggest inspiration – See pic
- Celina Jaitly sizzles in elegant black gown and red lips at red carpet in Dubai – See pic
- Radhika Apte’s ‘Phobia’ will break stereotype of Indian horror films
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' shoot diaries: Check out Parineeti Chopra-Ayushmann Khurrana's joyride!
- Sidharth, Alia perfect for 'Aashiqui 3': Mukesh Bhatt
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- Box Office report of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Randeep Hooda starrer 'Sarbjit'