Ben Whishaw to star in `Heart of the Sea`
London: Actor Ben Whishaw has signed up to play `Moby Dick` author Herman Melville in Ron Howard`s adaptation of `In the Heart of the Sea`, a novel by Nathaniel Philbrick .
The epic tragedy film follows a crew of seamen in 1820 who are stranded at sea for 90 days after their whaling ship, The Essex, sinks during an attack by a giant whale, reported Contactmusic.
Fellow British actor Osy Ikhile will play a sailor named Peterson, following reports the young actor had been eyed for the character.
The film will mark Whishaw`s first big role since appearances in popular UK series `Misfits` and `Fresh Meat`.
The movie`s cast will be led by `Thor` actor Chris Hemsworth, and the flick will also star Cillian Murphy, Brendan Gleeson, Tom Holland, Frank Dillane and Sam Keeley.
`In the Heart of the Sea` is being produced by Warner Bros and Village Roadshow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!