Benedict Cumberbatch to be new Bond villain?
London: `Sherlock` star Benedict Cumberbatch is set be a new James Bond villain and is expected to sign up for the next installment of the 007 franchise, which is due for release in 2014.
The 36-year-old actor will star alongside current Bond, Daniel Craig, reported a website.
"Benedict is considered perfect Bond villain material. Work on the next film will begin next year and the plan is for Benedict to be on board. He grew up watching Bond, so it would be a childhood ambition fulfilled. Playing a Bond villain is one of the plum roles in film history and he`d jump at the chance," a source said.
While Craig is the only star confirmed for the 24th film, it has been reported that Ralph Fiennes will also be part of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'TE3N' trailer: Amitabh Bachchan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Vidya Balan team up to decode a mystery – Watch
- Katrina Kaif’s astonishing weight loss no game for 'Jagga Jasoos' makers!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to skip amfAR Gala for 'Sarbjit'
- Want 'Sarbjit' to release in Pakistan: Omung Kumar
- Hollywood bound? Deepika Padukone auditions for role in Tom Cruise starrer 'The Mummy'