Benedict Cumberbatch to play Assange in WikiLeaks movie
London: British actor Benedict Cumberbatch has signed on to play WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in an upcoming movie about the website.
Cumberbatch will enact the role of the boss, who is currently living in sanctuary at the Ecuadorian embassy here as he fights moves to extradite him to the US and Sweden.
Cumberbatch could be joined onscreen by another British TV favourite, Dan Stevens of `Downton Abbey`. Stevens is said to be "in negotiation" for a role as a computer hacker in the film, reports variety.com.
The yet-untitled movie will be produced by Steven Spielberg`s DreamWorks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough streak takes leap! Sonakshi Sinha smashes in 'Force 2' poster- Check out
- Herry Tangiri shed 15 kg to play Yuvraj Singh in the biopic 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story'!
- Pakistani film industry may suffer 70% loss if Indo-Pak ties worsen
- 'Tum Bin 2' not a sequel: Anubhav Sinha
- Madhur Bhandarkar's next against backdrop of 1975 emergency!