Benedict Cumberbatch to play Richard III
Los Angeles: `Sherlock` star Benedict Cumberbatch is all set to star as Richard III in an upcoming adaptation of William Shakespeare`s play.
The 37-year-old actor will appear in the role as part of the second season of BBC Two`s Shakespeare`s History plays.
`Richard III` is part of a series of Shakespeare`s plays, which also includes `Henry VI` in two parts.
Dominic Cooke, who was artistic director of the Royal Court Theater from 2007 to 2013, will direct all three films.
"I can`t wait to work with Dominic Cooke again to bring this complex, funny and dangerous character to life," Cumberbatch said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Deepika Padukone beats Priyanka Chopra to be named sexiest Asian woman!
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui will play THIS in his flick!
- Ajay Devgn announces release date of ‘Baadshaho’
- Akshay Kumar's 'Jolly LLB 2' new still OUT, trailer set for Dec 19 release!
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Baywatch' TEASER is here and you must WATCH it!
- Shah Rukh Khan says stardom has overtaken his acting capabilities