Benedict Cumberbatch to voice Shere Khan in `Jungle Book`
Los Angeles: Benedict Cumberbatch has been roped in for Warner Bros` `Jungle Book: Origins`.
The 38-year-old actor, who voices dragon Smaug in the last two installments of Peter Jackson`s `Hobbit` saga, is booked to voice Shere Khan in the adaptation of Rudyard Kipling`s Mowgli tale, reportedly.
The Julian Assange of `The Fifth Estate` is the first actor hired for the WB (Warner Bros`) flick which is going to be directed by Andy Serkis.
In the rival project to be helmed by Jon Favreau for Disney, the villainous man-eating tiger is set to be voiced by Idris Elba.
The plot of the film is still under wraps, but the pic is expected to take on a darker route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor look sizzling hot on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar
- What’s Salman Khan’s connection with ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2’ cast
- Why Kris Jenner blasted former husband Caitlyn
- Miley Cyrus uses sunflowers to cover her modesty
- Once an artiste, always an artiste, says Aishwarya Rai on comeback