Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hardy to star in `Doctor Strange`
Los Angeles: `Sherlock` star Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy are set to star in Marvel`s `Doctor Strange` movie adaptation.
The actors are on the producer`s early wish lists, although it`s unclear what roles they`re being lined up for, according to reports.
It was recently announced that Scott Derrickson will be directing the film, news he confirmed on Twitter earlier this week.
Derrickson`s previous credits include `Sinister` and `The Exorcism of Emily Rose`.
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige recently said that the film will show the supernatural side of the Marvel universe.
"There`s a whole other side to the Marvel universe, which is the supernatural side. We haven`t done anything that mind-trippy yet and for me, Doctor Strange is our doorway into that," he said.
The film is in line for Marvel`s `Phase Three`, which will include `Ant-Man`, `Captain America 3` and alleged `Thor 3` and `Black Panther` movies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!