Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hardy to star in `Doctor Strange`
Los Angeles: `Sherlock` star Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy are set to star in Marvel`s `Doctor Strange` movie adaptation.
The actors are on the producer`s early wish lists, although it`s unclear what roles they`re being lined up for, according to reports.
It was recently announced that Scott Derrickson will be directing the film, news he confirmed on Twitter earlier this week.
Derrickson`s previous credits include `Sinister` and `The Exorcism of Emily Rose`.
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige recently said that the film will show the supernatural side of the Marvel universe.
"There`s a whole other side to the Marvel universe, which is the supernatural side. We haven`t done anything that mind-trippy yet and for me, Doctor Strange is our doorway into that," he said.
The film is in line for Marvel`s `Phase Three`, which will include `Ant-Man`, `Captain America 3` and alleged `Thor 3` and `Black Panther` movies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cannes win was beyond dreams: 'Masaan' director Neeraj Ghaywan
- Clint Eastwood at the helm of Cap. Chesley Sullenberger biopic
- Maggi noodles controversy: Have not received any notice yet, says Amitabh Bachchan
- Steven Spielberg grosses 34 million USD from his Mailbu mini-compound
- Reese Witherspoon offered playing Clinton's role multiple times