Benedict Cumberbatch visits zoo for `Hobbit` role
Los Angeles: British actor Benedict Cumberbatch visited the London Zoo to prepare for his role in ‘The Hobbit’.
The 35-year-old actor portrays Smaug, the dragon in the forthcoming ‘Lord of the Rings’ prequel and found it helpful to study reptiles at the famous animal attraction, reported InStyle magazine online.
"It`s an extrapolation of a performance into something other than an actor. But essentially, you`re still doing a scene," he said.
The ‘Sherlock’ star, whose parents are actors Timothy Carlton and Wanda Ventham, said that he believes his professionalism is helpful in his career as it makes people want to work with him again.
"I grew up surrounded by professional actors so it stood me in good stead. I know what a sin it is to be late. It`s very easy to burn bridges and many actors don`t think it matters, but it does because people end up saying, `Yeah but you don`t want to work with him because he`s a pain," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC refuses to stay summons to 'Jolly LLB 2' team
- Rangoon: Saif Ali Khan’s interview with ‘Shopkeeper’ Gaurav Gera is hilarious – Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor looks exactly like young Sanjay Dutt in leaked PICS from the biopic!
- Toilet - Ek Prem Katha: New still featuring Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar out
- 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' promotions: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt take Jaipur by storm - Watch