Brad Pitt to star in `Pontius Pilate`?
Los Angeles: Hollywood star Brad Pitt is eyeing the titular role in biblical movie ‘Pontius Pilate’, in which he will play the role of the man who crucified Jesus Christ.
The Warner Bros film will be presented in the vein of ‘Braveheart’ and ‘Gladiator’, reported Dealine.
Pitt, 49, is not yet committed to the project at the moment, but he is expected to sign on soon.
In the meantime, the actor, who is engaged to Angelina Jolie, already has a handful of projects on his list.
He has to wrap up Marc Foster`s ‘World War Z’, Steve McQueen`s ‘12 Years a Slave’ and Ridley Scott`s ‘The Counselor’.
The ‘Pontius’ project was revealed back in the summer of 2012. Warners obtained a script about "one of the most vilified figures in history" written by "Woman on Top" scribe Vera Blasi.
It had the twists and unexpected turns that combine history, political manoeuvring and storytelling inventions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia my inspiration for doing 'Shaandaar': Shahid
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Alia Bhatt will never make 'first move' in relationships
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Newlyweds Shahid-Mira make fashion debut at Masaba's LFW show