‘Breaking Dawn Part 2’ expected to smash Thanksgiving box office records
London: The latest offering from the Twilight Saga, ‘Breaking Dawn - Part 2’, is predicted to break another box office record over the five-day Thanksgiving holiday.
The final ‘Twilight’ movie has already earned 12.8 million dollars on Wednesday night and collected 141.3 million dollars last weekend in the industry’s 8th largest opening weekend, a leading daily has reported.
According to unofficial data from Hollywood.com’s box office division, it combined with the James Bond film ‘Skyfall’ to lead a slate of films that generated 44.3 million dollars in total US and Canadian ticket sales on Wednesday.
The collection was about 20 percent ahead of last year’s earnings for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and, if the pace holds, will earn 278 million-dollar this holiday weekend.
The 2009 holiday weekend record of 273 million dollars included ‘The Twilight Saga: New Moon’ and ‘The Blind Side.’
‘Twilight,’ starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, has totalled 175.5 million dollars through Wednesday in the US and Canada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’: How much has the Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt starrer earned so far?
- Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal Again' cast is one BIG happy family!
- Phillauri: Anushka Sharma aka Shashi's 'ghostly presence' in a big fat Punjabi shaadi is spooky yet hilarious!
- Is that Salman Khan doing kickass action in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'?
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH