Carey Mulligan intimidated by `The Great Gatsby` role
London: Actress Carey Mulligan found playing Daisy Buchanan in `The Great Gatsby` intimidating because her character is so different.
The 27-year-old blonde beauty portrays the wealthy socialite in Baz Luhrmann`s big-screen adaptation of F Scott Fitzgerald`s film, reported Contactmusic.
"Daisy always makes the smart girl choices and I just have to side with her but (as a character), she`s the biggest departure for me. I`ve never done a character where it mattered that much what I looked like.
"(The sex appeal) was intimidating. But all Fitzgerald says about her appearance is that she has `a sad lovely face with bright things in it`. She`s the person who makes you feel like you`re the only person in the world ... Until she doesn`t. But you know Daisy is not a sexual force," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Make heads turn by trying these hairstyle trends!
- Bigg Boss 10: Are you ready for Monalisa - Vikrant Singh Rajpoot’s mehendi, marriage ceremony?
- Baba Ramdev to appear on ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’
- Jallikattu ban: More Tamil celebrities lend support for traditional sport
- Rishi Kapoor launches his autobiography ‘Khullam Khulla - Rishi Kapoor Uncensored’
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Crack’ shelved? Here’s the truth
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- It's better late than never: Shatrughan Sinha on award
- Tubelight: First pictures of Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan's shoot are here