Carey Mulligan intimidated by `The Great Gatsby` role
London: Actress Carey Mulligan found playing Daisy Buchanan in `The Great Gatsby` intimidating because her character is so different.
The 27-year-old blonde beauty portrays the wealthy socialite in Baz Luhrmann`s big-screen adaptation of F Scott Fitzgerald`s film, reported Contactmusic.
"Daisy always makes the smart girl choices and I just have to side with her but (as a character), she`s the biggest departure for me. I`ve never done a character where it mattered that much what I looked like.
"(The sex appeal) was intimidating. But all Fitzgerald says about her appearance is that she has `a sad lovely face with bright things in it`. She`s the person who makes you feel like you`re the only person in the world ... Until she doesn`t. But you know Daisy is not a sexual force," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- 'Doctor Strange' trailer: As spellbinding as it could be!- Watch
- Gal Gadot plays the new DC superhero- 'Wonder Woman'! Watch trailer