Cate Blanchett was desperate to play dwarf in `The Hobbit`
London: Cate Blanchett, who plays ethereal elf Lady Galadriel in `Lord of the Rings`, instead wanted to be a dwarf on the movie adaptation of JJR Tolkien`s books.
The 45-year-old `Lord of the Rings` reprised her role in `The Hobbit`. Blanchett, however, said she was disappointed for not getting a chance to dress up as one of the hairy mythical creatures in the film trilogy, reportedly.
"I was so desperate to play a dwarf. The facial hair. You go into the wig room. Oh my god. The beard," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Woah! 'Sanam Re' gets bigger audience than Aditya Roy Kapur, Katrina Kaif's 'Fitoor'
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Spirituality: Steps to cleanse your home of negative energy
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?