Channing Tatum to play Gambit in `X-Men` spin-off
Los Angeles: Actor Channing Tatum is all set to play the card-wielding mutant, Gambit in a stand-alone film that will be preceded by `X-Men: Apocalypse`.
Fox handed Tatum, 34, the role which was previously played by Taylor Kitsch in `X-Men Origins: Wolverine`, reportedly. The news of Tatum`s casting was first hinted by `X-Men` producer Lauren Shuler Donner while she attended the `X-Men: Days of Future Past` premiere in London.
When asked what kind of an actor she was looking at to play Gambit, Shuler Donner said, "It`s Channing." "Well you know, he`s a rogue - Channing - he`s a rascal, just like Remy LeBeau, and he can handle the action, we all know that! And he`s got a really good heart. He`ll be great for Gambit and he`s a Southerner, too! He`s not from New Orleans, but he is a Southerner, and he understands that world."
Tatum`s version of Gambit will be given an introduction in `X-Men: Apocalypse` which is scheduled for 2016. Therefore it is presumed that the Gambit movie will be released in 2018.
The film is already in development but no director has been attached.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan shoots with real-life boxers
- Sobhita Dhulipala was perfect for 'Raman Raghav 2.0': Anurag Kashyap
- Don't want to do many films at a time, says Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Watch: Trailer of India's first stoner movie 'M Cream' is finally out
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more