Chris Hemsworth`s personality impressed `Rush` director
New Delhi: Actor Chris Hemsworth`s body language convinced director Ron Howard that he is perfect to play one of the lead roles in forthcoming action thriller movie `Rush`.
Howard was earlier skeptical about casting Hemsworth as Formula One racer James Hunt but changed his mind later.
"It was uncanny. Chris is a surfer and although James wasn’t a surfer, he projected a kind of California cool," Howard said in a statement.
"There was something about the way Chris carried himself and his body language and even what he was able to do preparing his own audition just based on watching an interview with James that was really exciting," he added.
`Rush` is based on the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda in 1970. Actor Daniel Bruhl will play the role of Lauda. The movie will release Sep 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing
- Jena Malone to play Batgirl in 'Batman v Superman'?
- Shah Rukh Khan wraps 'Dilwale' shooting in Bulgaria
- Check out: Glistening and fiery Katrina Kaif in 'Afgan Jalebi' from 'Phantom'
- 'Dilwale' will entertain in Rohit Shetty's style, claims Shah Rukh Khan